Little Ball (R2)
The little ball is about the size of an orange. It is made in two parts using odds and ends of yarn. The balls are soft, light and mostly harmless.
A printable version of this pattern is available.
You will need:
- yarn leftovers (double knit)
- toy stuffing
- 4 x double ended knitting needles (3mm)
- tapestry needle
Cast on 65 stitches. Separate onto 3 needles and join into the round. Continue as follows.
(A list of abbreviations is available.)
- Rounds 1-4: k –
- Round 5: [k11, k2tog] x 5 (60)
- Rounds 6-7: k –
- Round 8: [k10, k2tog] x 5 (55)
- Rounds 9-10: k –
- Round 11: [k9, k2tog] x 5 (50)
- Rounds 12: k –
- Round 13: [k8, k2tog] x 5 (45)
- Round 14: [k7, k2tog] x 5 (40)
- Rounds 15: k –
- Round 16: [k6, k2tog] x 5 (35)
- Round 17: [k5, k2tog] x 5 (30)
- Rounds 18: k –
- Round 19: [k4, k2tog] x 5 (25)
- Round 20: [k3, k2tog] x 5 (20)
- Round 21: [k2, k2tog] x 5 (15)
- Rounds 22: k –
- Round 23: [k1, k2tog] x 5 (10)
- Rounds 24: k –
Thread yarn through remaining stitches and pull tight.
Pick up 65 stitches from the cast-on edge. Work rounds 1-24 a second time to complete the sphere.
Fill the ball with toy stuffing, thread yarn through remaining stitches and pull tight. Sew in the loose ends to finish.
As with most ODDknit patterns the yarn and needle sizes in the "you will need" section are just a guide. Feel free to improvise with whatever needles and yarn you have lying around - that's half the fun!
© 2010 All desgins and images are copyright of ODDknit.